Sunday 10 March 2013

Enabling function keys


To enable functions keys on the UX51VZ, do :

sudo sed -i s/quiet/quiet\ acpi_osi=/g /etc/default/grub
sudo update-grub

Thanks to the AsusZenbookPrime Ubuntu page !

P.S. : I did try the installation of the 3.8 kernel (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AsusZenbookPrime#Upgrading_Linux_kernel_manually) but in my case it didn't solve the HDMI issue... However it seems that for the UX31/UX32 it did the trick. I know that UX32VD embeds the GT620M whereas the UX51VZ is equipped with the GT650M but at least I tried...

4 comments:

  1. Didn't work for me... on Ubuntu Gnome Remix 12.10 + kernel 3.9

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that this method works "randomly" with kernel 3.9
    I'm sure there is a pattern...
    Yesterday when I boot up my laptop it was working, but the day before it didn't, so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In fact, it's strange... So I'm coming back to older kernels :( Also because NVIDIA driver still has a lot of problems

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have any news, please, post it!

    ReplyDelete